Doctoral studies in Adult Education
The doctoral programme in Adult Education has attracted a growing number of students from South Africa and other African countries in recent few years. Students engage in cutting edge research in the field of adult education, and focus areas include adult learning in social movements, adult education and disability, community education, Vocational Education and Training, and informal learning.
PhD thesis titles:
- Understandings of Democracy and Citizenship in Lesotho: Implications for Civic Education.
- Adult education for community development: The case of a Ugandan non-governmental organization
- Experiences of NGO capacity building on microfinance: Zimbabwean Life Histories
- A posthumanist exploration of learning, power and subjectivity in an online lupus support
- Learning to be ‘Out of Order’: A life history of the Church Land Programme (CLP) and the theoretical development of its praxis
- The political economy of monitoring and evaluation (M&E): Implications for critical learning in South African NGOs